International Music Publishing Summer School
The curriculum of the International Music Publishing Summer School combines necessary information on an international level with specialist knowledge in international music publishing. Accompanied by networking activities and alumni meetings during festivals like Reeperbahn Festival 2021, these courses give people already active in the music publishing sector the opportunity of receiving targeted training, practical tips and networking with an international focus.
The seminar thus serves both basic and advanced training for activities in music publishing houses and associated areas in the entire media sector that come into contact with licensing rights. The content is aimed at employees in European publishing houses and media companies and independent creative professionals with a close professional connection to music publishing.
In 2022, the International Music Business Summer School will be held online via ZOOM in January 2022 and February 2022.
More detailed info on the schedule will follow soon.
- Introduction to International Music Publishing
- Market overview & current trends
- Digital licensing
- EU copyright law
- Basics of collecting societies
- CMOs and Administration across Europe
- International income tracking
- Publishing contracts
- Creative Publishing
- The world of sync
- The Future of Music Publishing
- Leadership Training
The international trainers are active in the industry and proven specialists in their subject fields. They are aware of current trends and challenges of the music business.
- Dr. Christian Baierle, DE, Roba Music Publishing
- Nis Bøgvad, DK, Copenhagen Film Music
- Xavier “Bill” Collin, FR, WTPL Music
- Tom Farncombe, UK, Hal Leonard Europe
- Dr. Florian Kömpel, UK,Copyright Consultant
- Juliette Metz, FR, CSDEM
- Christian Fløe Svenningsen, DK, GL Music Entertainment
- Mette Zähringer, DK, Iceberg Music Group
- Götz von Einem, DE, Peermusic (Germany) GmbH
- more to be announced soon
Chair of the French Music Publishers Association, CSDEM
Director General, ICMP
Managing Director GSA, peermusic (Germany) GmbH
Vice President, Iceberg Music Group / Board Member Danish MPA
For participation in the programme of the International Music Publishing Summer School as part of the International Music Business Summer School 2022, a reduced fee of € 150 (plus VAT) will be charged.
The application phase of the International Music Business Summer School 2021 has ended. Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date about the next round and further activities from our training programme!